Saturday, October 08, 2016

Hiking In The Snow

Since arriving in Saskatchewan 3.5 years ago I've heard people gently warn me that snow could come pretty much anytime of the year, even in the summer, and certainly in shoulder months like May and October.  I guess they were right...

As Marco said to me upon seeing the snow 2 days ago: "Wow.  Snow in October.  That leaves no room at all for interpretation.  Winter is here."






We covered around 17kms.  Except for a couple areas where we weren't protected by the trees and the wind cut through, we were able to stay warm.  Unfortunately the signage on the trail wasn't always good, so we ended up taking an unnecessary detour that cost us an extra 3kms.  I didn't mind, really, but it was a bit stressful for one of the other hikers.

As I hope the pictures show, the scenery is subtly beautiful.  The white snow, contrasted by the  grey clouds, lake, and bare trees. 

No comments: