Thursday, February 06, 2014

Stay Or Go?

I spoke with my mentor this morning.  Troubles at work keep finding me, so he's suggesting I apply for a position that's opening up in Saskatoon.  He's not the only one who's suggested that.  Others, too, have suggested that moving to a place like Regina or Saskatoon would not only be good for my career (I had a hard time writing that word, since I've been using the language of vocation since arriving here), but also for my social life.

Plus, my friend Eric's moving there too - at least one familiar face.

I told him I'd think about it.  My goal was to stay in the Jaw for 2 years, but if things keep going the way they are I may burn out before the 2-year mark.

I like the thought of living in a bigger place.  More people.  More things to do.  More singles(!).  More of everything: variety.  As much as I like to idealize the "small town" lifestyle, I think I'm ultimately an urban dweller.  You can take me out of the city, but you can't take the city out of me...

Ultimately, I'm realizing that Vancouver will probably always be home, even if I don't live there.

No comments: