Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Family Help

I'm spending the majority of my days taking apart, sorting, labeling, and packing my belongings into boxes of various sizes.

Mom and dad have been such a blessing, comforting me each step of the way, encouraging me, prompting me, offering to help me wherever and whenever needed.

Last week Saturday mom came over and helped me pack.  Today also, she came.

This is a lesson for me, that when push comes to shove, when the road gets tough, it's family that provides the main support.  Family's been my lifeline.

This is a revelation of sorts, because for the past 5 years or so I've been strengthening ties with friends, thinking that they'd be the ones who'd be with me in times such as these, but no, it's been all family.

This is not a knock on friends: they have their lives to live, jobs to go to (I don't), and bills to pay.  But this is a statement on the importance of family, and particularly parents, when things are tough.

I hope that I can one day return the favour, even in a minutely significant way.

Bless my family Oh God.  Keep them safe in your loving hands.  Amen.

Tomorrow around 9am the moving trucks will come and haul my stuff away.  I don't expect to see my stuff again until around the 25th of the month.

In terms of my 30+ plants, it was really hard to do, but I decided to give most of them away, to family and friends.  I'm keeping 9 plants, and will be taking them with me on the plane.  At first mom thought this was a silly idea - and maybe it is - but seeing how attached I was to them she relented and supported me.

No comments: